-->

Sunday, November 30, 2014

Interview with Serena Kearney, Author of Pneuma

pneuma, serena kearney, young adult, YA, scifi, romance
Today we are interviewing Serena Kearney, author of the sci-fi / young adult romance novel
Pneuma.

Tell us a bit about yourself. 
I love straws! I love desserts...mmm red velvet! I love animals! My cat, Bongo-Bongo is majorly spoiled! I live in North Carolina, NC GIRL ALL THE WAY! Whoooop! I love to drink tea in the mornings and I love to watch movies and am an avid gamer! LOVE NINTENDO!

How long have you been writing?

 I have been dabbling on and off ever since the year 2000, but I didn’t start getting serious until around 2012. I didn’t start to think about really publishing until 2014.

Describe the plot of your new book in a few sentences.
 

She does everything she can to protect the ones she loves. She finds out who her real family is. And she has to battle with herself to keep everyone else safe... from her.

Who do you think would most appreciate this book?
 

Teenagers. Or anyone who loves sci-fi and an epic love story all in one!

What inspired you to write a young adult sci-fi romance?
 

I have always loved any fiction, whether it be sci-fi, paranormal, magic, zombies, anything like that. I believe there is more out there, whether we all want to admit it or deny it. And romance... I am a SUCKER for romance and love stories! I just love falling in love with their relationships and seeing them grow and go through tough times, but still being there for each other. Because it’s like real life, real love. You have to go through those things, and if you are still together in the end, then you can get through anything together.

Who was your favorite character to write?
 

Re-reading some of the stories, I would have said my main character Estelle Caldwell, but actually, I really like how I did Dennis. He can make you cry and laugh at the same time.

What genre do you read most frequently?
 

Any type of love story, it HAS to have romance, otherwise I can’t focus. LOL! Any type of romance, whether it be dystopian, paranormal, or contemporary. I am ALL about it!

How do you think you've evolved as a writer since when you first started?
 

Oh man... I remember my first draft... it was kind of horrible, but once I re-read it and evolved and re-wrote, I am actually satisfied now. I always find out that I still have a lot of growth to expand my writing more, but like I say, “the draft is never complete as long as the author lives.”

Are there any aspects of your writing that you've been practicing?

 I feel like I have the basics down, but there is still always errors with grammar and punctuation, mainly when I get into a scene is where I make the most mistakes... but that’s life, right? =)

What was your favorite class in school, and why?
 

My favorite class was actually Art class. When I was younger, I was into drawing mostly, and in the class, we drew a lot and did crafts and they had all the supplies, so it was a win-win! Plus, my teacher pushed my imagination limits, which I found hard at the time, but am grateful for it now.

How do you feel about the increasing popularity of ebooks?
 

You know, at first, when they were new, I was against them. I thought, hey, I want a real book, not an ebook, but now... I LOVE ebooks! I can just carry my tablet and choose any book I want and read it anywhere!

A brief excerpt from Pneuma: 

Fate. Please be kind. Will he still remember me? Will our first and last kiss be one and the same? Please remember me. Please be with me.
More Information
Buy the book on Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment