-->

Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Erica Clark, Author of Two Hearts In One

two hearts in one book, Erica clark author, ya drama romance, ya romance book, old love book, blast from past
Today we are interviewing Erica Clark about her YA/drama/romance novel, “Two Hearts In One.”

Describe the plot of your new book, “Two Hearts in One,” in a few sentences.
This book is about a young woman who fines herself stuck between an old love and a new. She becomes confused when temptation plays a heavy roll exposing her true desires. 

Who do you think would most appreciate this book?
I think this book would suite those who our considered a young adult because it revolves around a college student. Or if you evert been caught up in a love triangle and don’t know what to do then this is the book for you. 

Tell us about the protagonist, Ashley Taylor.
She is a smart young woman who goes through different trails like anyone who ever been in love. She scared of feelings and the truths that’s held deep inside them. She is the type of person that will bare all of her problems and everyone else’s in order to protect them. 

Ashley experiences a meeting with a familiar face from the past. Who is this person from her past?
I can’t expose that you would have to read the book to find out. 

Your main character, Ashley, reaches a crossroads where she must make a decision. Without giving too much away, what can you tell us about the decision she must make?
The question you must ask yourself after reading is; is it a decision she made herself or was It made for her. 

Have you always been interested in the YA/romance genre? Or is it something that developed alongside your writing career?
I have always been a fan of romance novels in general. My first romance novel was Pride and Prejudice.

Is there an author that had a major influence on you while you were growing up?
Yes, J.K.Rowling. I love her dedication to her work of not giving up. Not to mention I love the harry potter series. 

Who was your favorite character to write?
I have a favorite character but if I was today then the mystery of it would be exposed. 

How do you think you've evolved as a writer since when you first started?
I would say my genre of writing have evolved more as I dabble into horror writing. 

Are there any aspects (e.g. character building, world building) of your writing that you've been practicing?
Yes, I am currently building a world. So be on the look out for a fantasy novel coming soon. 

Is there any aspect of writing you don't like?
No. 

Have you ever had writer's block? If yes, how'd you deal with it? If you have not had writer's block, why do you think you haven't?
Yes, when I am starring at the screen for hours. What helps me deal with writer block is I would need to either take a break and binge watch my favorite shows or listen to music while going for a walk. 

What do you have in mind for your next project?
My next project would have to be a fantasy novel that I have been working on or a horror love story I’ve wrote as a short story, but I am thinking of expanding it as a novel. 

Is there anything else you'd like potential readers to know about your book?
Just I hope you like it and remember that everything is not what it seems. 

More Information
Follow the author on Instagram.
Check out the author on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment